Clutch Wire and a Life Lesson

Ever wondered what life might be worth? If it can be bought out of money? What might be the price difference between living and dead?
Ask me all this and for what its worth today, my answer will be a dollar (60 for my Indian peers).

Today I set out, all energised and fresh. On the back of my head were thoughts, continual stream of bullshit and shit that matters, but shit nonetheless. Life today was not the same, an array of problems had risen to make a few last-nights sleepless and yet, I had set out to a meeting, to make a proposition to a talented young to work aside me. Some few bits of courage left were gathered to make it work and they paid off.

The problems still persisted, and only intensified as a result of the meeting, more responsibility and so, the liability. I was riding back, and with all that chaos in mind already sapping the last of me, I felt it, a tick, the breaking of few threads on which my life depended.

In the extreme traffic and at an unsafe enough speed, I pulled the clutch and felt the breaking of a few of the threads that made the clutch wire, felt the pure horror of the moment, the horror of the death that passed as wind through my hair but didn't stop to claim anything. Just made its existence as clear as my own.

I stopped and checked, at least a third of threads were broken. Had they all, only I know, that worse things than death could have occurred. A life saved by some metal threads that just didn't give in, a life hanging by threads that did or could have.

Engineering is a marvellous study and practice, makes life easier and sometimes riskier. And also our judgement and knowledge of its progenies.

Often our lives hang upon such meagre things which we also choose to be apathetic to. And though such an occurrence may be inevitable, it still is the difference between being alive or not.

All through the day, I was reminded of it as the threads kept on breaking one by one, as I rode very carefully towards the repairs. Two was number left and that was when I paid a dollar for the replacement and bought safety and comfort.

Next morning, as many of us will set out for the day, remember that our lives are still held on to by some threads that for now have yet not given in and so shouldn't you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contacts' Recovery: A Walk-through through Past

The Most Unconventional Tips To Cracking Telephonic Interview